Monday, April 07, 2008

My Little Chica


We took Annie and Jesse to a new park this weekend. A small group of children were playing together and speaking in Spanish. Annie watched for a moment and then went up to the group.
"HOLA." She said shyly to one child.
"HOLA" She repeated, louder to another.
"HOLA! HOLA! HOLA!" She cried out to the dark haired children who ran in circles around her, but did not acknowledge her greeting.

"You're not Spanish!" one of them finally called to her, before climbing up the slide.
Annie turned to me, crestfallen.
"But I FEEL Spanish" she said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But you have no idea how much I love Annie...this post touched me...i feel like it should be everywhere, seriously. She's a beautiful soul....wow, the world needs more people like her :)