Thursday, June 18, 2009

WeT PaNTS & BeeR STeiNS


Hola Chickens.

The other day my friend BJ emailed me to ask if I was not blogging as often because I was knee deep in all things MUD. I told her I was knee deep in something of roughly the same color and consistency.

It's the start of my Trade Show Cycle which means blogging will be sporadic. The only reason I am writing this morning is that I have No Pants On. My pants, soaked through in a torrential rain storm in which I walked ten blocks carrying a broken Elmo umbrella, are laying as we speak on top of a kiln I fired last night that is currently at about 750 degrees. I am sitting at my desk, at work, wearing a beach towel.

Some of you will wonder why I did not just wear my wet pants and let them dry whilst on my body. I think I know you well enough to let you in on a little personal medical secret; I am ALLERGIC TO COLD. I have a condition known as Cold Urticaria and what it basically means is that if I get wet and cold, I develop huge welts that sting and burn like I'm on fire. So all rain is "acid rain" to me. I really should keep a change of clothing at the office, or invest in one of those Gorton Fisherman outfits.

And before you ask in comments: Yes, I Am, and they are pink with purple flowers, and say Thursday in script on the right hip. Because my Wonder Woman Underoos were in the wash.

So here is a preview of some of the BRAND NEW AND EXCITING STUFF I will be showing starting in Dallas next week (sorry Texas, not going--but Hello Atlanta-see you in two weeks). Today, I want to show you my BRAND NEW GLASS. Get a gander at these beer steins which will be coming to a fine retailer near you soon.





and finally


Now, let's go see if those pants are dry...

21 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sorry about the wet pants.
Cool Beer mugs!

sheila said...

Wow - I always make fun of people who complain about getting wet in the rain. Now I feel super guilty about that...

The steins are very cool. I will have to add these to my MUD shopping list.

Will Kip be here for the Dallas show? Tell him to call us if he's bored & wants non-ceramic conversation. We just love him!! Just wish you would be here too...with pants on, of course.

Jen said...

Alright. I need to buy all of those beer steins, especially that last one.

I hope your pants dry soon. More important than your underwear is what does the beach towel that you are wearing like a sarong look like? Does it have the Jonas Brothers on it or Barry Gibb?

tjames said...

I LOVE those glasses. Almost as much as I LOVE beer!!

Good job.

SleightGirl said...

Oh wow! I've never heard of that allergy before...does that mean you can't go swimming?

I love the beer steins...they are so cool!

Miss Thystle said...

it's never cold in Arizona. In fact, right now it's 750* outside! You should just move here!

Spatula said...

Living in New York and allergic to cold? That's nothing short of heroic.

And living in New York is heroic to begin with.

Something Happened Somewhere Turning said...

Well now I'm just thinking of you wearing a towel. And welting sucks.

DrewsMommy said...

OMG!!! It's hereditary, I always welt in the cold! Have since we were kids delivering newspapers in thigh deep snow. It really does suck! Atlanta in (almost) July will keep you warm. Why do you think I moved south?

Janell Berryman Pumpkinseeds folk art said...

you have cold Urticaria and kid you not, I have heat Urticaria. What a pair we are....

Lo said...

That last mug cracked me up. And I'm not even a beer girl.
Sorry about the cold. But I envy pants just dried by a kiln.

Debbie said...

Loving, oh so loving, those mugs. How great!

J.M. said...

I always say that people work better and more efficiently without pants.... actually that is the first time I've ever said that, but it sounds like a good motto to me.

Great beer mugs. I totally need a couple of those!

33 questions said...

I'm thinking you were jealous of me working in my underpants and wanted to see what it was like. You take your clothes off when you get cold, I take mine off when I get hot. The coincidences just keep piling up.

Ruby said...

Lorrie, you are speaking to my very soul with those beer steins! Love it!

(I might know *someone* who lives incredibly close to Atlanta. And her name might rhyme with booby. Or doobie. :) )

Jane! said...

Allergic to cold, huh? I'm going to remember - and USE - that one! Is there also an allergy to work? Because that's what I think I have.

Love the beer mugs. Not enough to make me like beer, but....

The Girl said...

Lovin the Beer Snob :)

Le said...

hee hee hee love the last one - still laughing - many hugs soggy bottom - le xoxo

Tricia Nugen said...

You have out done yourself on those my dear!

Unknown said...

These Beer Mugs are SO SO adorable! I especially like the "I'm a drinker, not a fighter" mug. Wish I lived nearby where I could check these out in person. Good luck with sales, and staying dry/warm!

Unknown said...

Its hard to find Beer Mugs that are feminine. These are great!