Monday, March 09, 2009

WHaT SaViNGS?



Good Morning, Chickens!

Traditionally, this is the blog where each year I write how very much I Hate Really Really Hate Absolutely Cannot Stand dislike "Spring Ahead" Daylight Savings Time, and you comment en masse about how great it is to have an extra hour of sunshine at the end of the day, and tell me to "Lighten Up" (that one really gets me because blondes have more puns) ,

So I am going to spare you my usual diatribe and try to put all my energy into turning back The Spawn's internal clocks so that they are less aware that as a result of this time change, they have to go to bed an hour earlier and wake up an hour earlier. Time, time, time...see what's become of me....


So: laughing as I build sandcastles in the old Hour Glass of Time, may i present a Daylight Savings Giveaway:



From the OUR NAME IS MUD clock collection, it's the THIS CLOCK IS NOT THE BOSS OF ME desk clock, hand painted and made from the finest dolomite around. Yours for the having if you follow these simple rules:

-Enter by blogging about Daylight Savings Time on your own blog and linking back to this one. It can be a simple sentence at the end of another blog post, or a whole essay about how we play with fire when we mess with the whole time-space continumum.
-Leave me a comment below with a link to your post.
-Winner picked at random from entries Wednesday night and announced here Thursday morning.

Have a great day chickens.

18 comments:

Mrs. B. Roth said...

Ending Daylight Savings is my life's mission, I have oodles of posts, here's the link to everytime I mention it ...

I tried to get everyone to write to their elected officials and end this madness .. I WROTE, but Sen. Hatch and Gov. Huntsman think I'm a crank...

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

I am already on this. It's a conspiracy.

http://kylerandkady.blogspot.com/2009/03/rambling-thoughts.html

kristin said...

I blogged.

I really wanna win. :-)

Here's the link:

http://kwr221.blogspot.com/2009/03/this-is-for-lorrie.html

PearlsOfSomething said...

No can do. The strangest thing about Daylight Savings is that it makes me... um... "frisky" for some reason. And I don't write that kind of blog.

Anonymous said...

I have no blog (I know, can you believe it?!). But I hate DST - at least the Spring Forward version. I LOVE to sleep. I hate waking up in the dark at 6:45am, and I especailly hate that it throws off my whole "when do I eat" internal clock.
The only good thing that happened this time around is that we have a new dog whose internal clock wakes him up at 6:45 every day, thereby waking ME up. Yesterday, he slept until 7:45 & I was glad.

Miss Thystle said...

Arizona doesn't believe in all this time changing nonsense. I mean really, it's just silly.

Of course, that means I never know what the hell time it is anywhere, but since everything revolves around ME anyway, who cares, right?

Melaina25 said...

I already blogged about DST, so I've added a link back to you!

http://transatlanticblonde.blogspot.com/2009/03/dst.html

Anonymous said...

When told the reason for daylight saving time the old Indian said...
"Only a white man politician would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew it to the bottom of a blanket..... and have a longer blanket."

Something Happened Somewhere Turning said...

I Love A Good Contest! And Everyone needs another clock to set.

http://beaux24.blogspot.com/2009/03/what-was-he-thinking.html#links

Lo said...

Lorrie, I adore you. But you're wrong about this one. Late sun is lovely sun. Seriously. http://oddities-lo.blogspot.com/

kristin said...

How come I linked to you in my post, but I don't show up on your link list?


:::pouting:::

Debbie said...

I hate, with such a passion, this daylight savings mess. Oh so much.

Jane! said...

Wow, I already did this!
Soooo, I guess all that's left is for you to send me that fantastic clock. What? Other people? I knew there had to be a catch.

I would totally be okay with DST if they would just leave it turned on all year.

http://janefay.blogspot.com/2009/03/and-on-12th-day-she-drank.html

Blind Dog Megan said...

Hi! I read your mind, I guess, and already posted a blog about my dislike of losing one whole precious hour on a SUNDAY no less!

http://mambinki.blogspot.com/2009/03/bleary-eyed-monday.html

Jen said...

As a fellow servant of cats, I know you will appreciate this story.

http://scrappinjenny.blogspot.com/2009/03/not-good-at-handling-change.html

The Girl said...

I just saw some of your products at my local Hallmark store, I had no idea you did chain stores - how awesome !!!

Le said...

and we are the only state in australia NOT to have daylight saving .... come on over Ms Lorrie and crew :) le xoxo

Ps some aussie ceramics on my blog for you sweet girl ...

Le said...

and we are the only state in australia NOT to have daylight saving .... come on over Ms Lorrie and crew :) le xoxo

Ps some aussie ceramics on my blog for you sweet girl ...