Friday, September 24, 2010

aLL aBouT Me


My Birthday Meme
25 Things About Me

1. I usually have the best of intentions.

2. I find it hard to talk about my children without getting teary. What is within my heart bubbles up and gathers in the corners of my eyes. I don't know what to say about the fact that my nose runs too.

3. Sometimes after a day of making things I am too excited to sleep, and I lay with my head on the pillow thinking about all the things I am going to make the next day.

4. I wish I had more patience. With Everything.



5. I am blessed. I am lucky. But I have also worked hard for what I have. Some people think things have come to me a lot easier than they actually have.

6. I prefer to use mens' deodorant.

7. My husband is my heart, my soul, my greatest love.

8. I cannot cook vegetables. Last time I tried to make broccoli there was audible gagging at the dinner table. Apparently it was mushy.



9. When someone hurts me deeply, I have a bad habit of apologizing to them. Then I never want to see them again. Ever.

10. I feel twenty years younger than I am.

11. I wish I had more opportunities to go dancing or to sing. I wish I was better at both. I wish I could sing like Stevie Nicks.

12. I have learned some of my greatest lessons in life through my extended family.




13. I fight actual despair sometimes. I battle deep anxiety. I can be overwhelmed with rage and anger. I feel I am usually able to triumph over all three about 3 weeks out of every month.

14. I love SURVIVOR. Every season I swear I won't watch it again and then I get sucked right back in.

15. I used to write poetry. Now I only write poems in my head.

16. Sometimes I wish my children were smarter so that I didn't have to work so hard on their homework.

17. I have a hard time thinking in a place that is messy. I wish I had more time to just clean things.



18. Sometimes I do so much for others that I do not have time to get my hair cut.

19. I hate matching up socks.

20. I have a hard time letting go of things. My son is the exact same way. I worry about this, and have a hard time letting go of it.

21. Sometimes blogging is a huge pain in the ass and an absolute chore, but I feel like the people I have met in cyberspace are soul mates of a kind, and I genuinely care about them. (this means you. you know who you are.)

22. I hate the fact that I am judgemental. Damn me.

23. It kills me to pay a lot of money for shoes. I wear sandals 6 mos. of every year.

24. I think some country songs are brilliantly written. Brilliantly.

25. I hope that I can always try to find the humor in any situation, and that when I cannot at that moment, that I can find it on hindsight.



8 comments:

Jen said...

Happy birthday my friend! Got the little package...love it! It's sitting on a table in the living room filled with Hershey Kisses. :)

Lin said...

Happy Birthday!

Karina Glaser said...

I have to say (completely, utterly honestly) that you are one of my heros! I hope you had a great birthday!

Blue said...

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!

Hope SHOM (or perhaps that should be SHOY?) and the cuties spoil, pamper, delight, thrill, and bring you lots of chocolate, today. As for me, Happy Birthday

WV: tanite
"We're gonna have a good time tanite!"

Claire Maunsell said...

3,9,18,19 and 22 - I laughed and cried! Like reading about myself. I so wish I could break the habit of #9...
What a lovely post! Thanks.

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday!!

I completely agree with you on #21! That's why it's so hard to give up. We should have a Blogger's Anonymous chapter. So we can give it up, but still have an excuse to hang out with our cyber soulmates. An online B.A.?

P.S. Love Survivor too - which I'm slightly embarrassed to admit. Hasn't every one else quit watching that show too? I always get sucked in. My 13 year old daughter and I always watch together. I blame it on her.

kristin said...

shoot, though, not thought

kristin said...

shoot, the other comment didn't post. :-(

... I said Happy Birthday on FB, but I ♥ you, so I'll say it here too... even though I'm a day late.