Friday, September 24, 2010
aLL aBouT Me
My Birthday Meme
25 Things About Me
1. I usually have the best of intentions.
2. I find it hard to talk about my children without getting teary. What is within my heart bubbles up and gathers in the corners of my eyes. I don't know what to say about the fact that my nose runs too.
3. Sometimes after a day of making things I am too excited to sleep, and I lay with my head on the pillow thinking about all the things I am going to make the next day.
4. I wish I had more patience. With Everything.
5. I am blessed. I am lucky. But I have also worked hard for what I have. Some people think things have come to me a lot easier than they actually have.
6. I prefer to use mens' deodorant.
7. My husband is my heart, my soul, my greatest love.
8. I cannot cook vegetables. Last time I tried to make broccoli there was audible gagging at the dinner table. Apparently it was mushy.
9. When someone hurts me deeply, I have a bad habit of apologizing to them. Then I never want to see them again. Ever.
10. I feel twenty years younger than I am.
11. I wish I had more opportunities to go dancing or to sing. I wish I was better at both. I wish I could sing like Stevie Nicks.
12. I have learned some of my greatest lessons in life through my extended family.
13. I fight actual despair sometimes. I battle deep anxiety. I can be overwhelmed with rage and anger. I feel I am usually able to triumph over all three about 3 weeks out of every month.
14. I love SURVIVOR. Every season I swear I won't watch it again and then I get sucked right back in.
15. I used to write poetry. Now I only write poems in my head.
16. Sometimes I wish my children were smarter so that I didn't have to work so hard on their homework.
17. I have a hard time thinking in a place that is messy. I wish I had more time to just clean things.
18. Sometimes I do so much for others that I do not have time to get my hair cut.
19. I hate matching up socks.
20. I have a hard time letting go of things. My son is the exact same way. I worry about this, and have a hard time letting go of it.
21. Sometimes blogging is a huge pain in the ass and an absolute chore, but I feel like the people I have met in cyberspace are soul mates of a kind, and I genuinely care about them. (this means you. you know who you are.)
22. I hate the fact that I am judgemental. Damn me.
23. It kills me to pay a lot of money for shoes. I wear sandals 6 mos. of every year.
24. I think some country songs are brilliantly written. Brilliantly.
25. I hope that I can always try to find the humor in any situation, and that when I cannot at that moment, that I can find it on hindsight.